Hope you all had a happy gray Saturday! It's supposed to be beautiful tomorrow so try to get out and enjoy!
So today, I went to make my "final changes" to our house with our sales rep and as we walk in, I see Heather & Mike and meet them!!! :) Great couple! Totally unexpected! Anywho, so after the meet & greet we got down to business and made some changes!
Final Changes:
*siding & stone front, changed to Brick
*added 2 extra windows in the family room
*added 4 ft ext to family room
*added upgraded tile to master bath level C
*added garage opener
*removed walk out basement ;/
*added/confirmed our guardian choices
Now I will begin my two week count down to met with CTI. The PLAN is too keep the standard carpet and maybe upgrade the vinyl slightly...keep it simple basically! We added hardwood in the foyer & powder room, but we shall see...we will upgrade the carpet later on.
I took a few pics today during my visit to the other side of town!
Picture of one of our neighbors Courtland elevation C! It's so nice and they are almost done, so it seems.
This is my bathroom tile choice, I love earth tones and my favorite color is GREEN, so I decided on the olive green glass trim. It's different, I really hope I like it!
The brick on top OLD MARLBOROUGH is the brick we selected. I really hope it comes out nice! It's really different from the brick that I usually like. We are doing black shutters and door.
Okay so thats it for now! I'm beat have a good weekend people.
I love your tile choices. That brick color is very unique and wasn't available here. How funny that you met Heather and Mike! Your house is going to be giant!
ReplyDeleteSurprise meet and greets are the best. I love the green glass tile idea. Green is turning into one of my favorite colors. I want to paint a room green, just not sure which one. I agree your brick is unique. I think with the black shutters and door its going to look great.
ReplyDeleteWe have the same tile in our bathroom and I LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome were able to meet someone in your area seems like no oneis from where I am lol. The choices you picked sounds really beautiful cannot wait to see when your house is all ready. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the color of your brick. I think the contrast between the light brick and the black door and shutters will look great. I also love you tile and the green glass. I'm an earth tones girl as well. I can't wait to see that finished!
ReplyDeleteI think all your choices are great. I will throw this out there though...you didn't say how much the garage door opener addition cost, but I know it was $550 for us. You will get the electrical outlet even if you don't get the garage door opener and the top of line Chamberlain belt drive(very quiet) at lowes is about $230 and they install it for $97...way less then the upgrade...just an fyi
ReplyDeleteIt was SO great to meet you!! We look forward to bumping into you more often ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! Fingers crossed everthing looks good and flows! I hope we dont have to make any more changes, once this CTI meeting comes and goes, I can just sit back and watch them put it all toghether (so I hope)!
ReplyDelete@ BD, wow they charged $550?? They charged us $400 for ours....hmmmm...That's a $150 difference! I decided to add it, because I saw you and India post that it cost you guys almost $350 each so I said we would just pay the $400 to make this one less thing we have to worry about..I am interested in how much noise these garage openers make? I've never owned a garage before.
@M&H likewise! Next time I hope the baby is up! I love babies can't wait to meet baby M&H :) and see the progression of your home, seems like its going to be ready soon!
Your thought process on the garage door opener makes absolute sense. The only thing I will caution you on is to find out the model that they will provide. India and I were both talking about top of the line belt driven models...they are very quiet. You may find that they are providing a basic chain driven model which can be quite noisy and including installation from Lowes would be less then $250. Your sales rep can give you the exact model that they will provide.
ReplyDeleteYour house is going to be great! Can't wait to see it! I had a brick like that and changed it..I stuck with traditional red but I love it@!!! I was just to indesisive to try it, so i cannot wait to see it on yours! I live the courtland!!!!!
ReplyDelete@ BD, i'm going to contact my sales rep and see what kind of opener they are selling, because if it is a huge difference, I would much rather have the quiter one for a less.
ReplyDelete@mom of twins, I am sooooo scared to see how this brick will turn out. This was my husbands pick, he has always wanted to try a light brick. My only concern is that it will look boring,like washed out/gray feeling, since he chose black shutters & doors. Oh well only time will tell, a lot of people seem to think this color scheme will look nice. :) Can't wait to see your house as well.
@Chelly....you can request that your sales rep find another home that has your color combination. They have access to the color code schemes of homes that are already built. Doesn't have to be your exact model as long as the color combination matches...then you can go see what it looks like.
ReplyDelete