Design Inspirations

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Change Order #5

Hey e-family! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I have been all over the place! We went down to Jacksonville, Florida for a little R&R this weekend to celebrate the holiday and had a great time! I missed Chloe (my dog) so much, we picked her up, then went to a family cook-out, then 6 hrs later it was back to work & family life the next morning!

Anywho, I sat in the basement about a week ago one night and started having little panic attacks about the house lol. I knew that I was not going to be able to make any changes because we were waaaaaaaaay past the date to make changes. I talked to the hubby about some of the last few things that I was on the fence about and we came to the agreement that I could add/change a few more items. I was soooo excited! I looked over the "homework list" one last time and same up with this!!!!

Change order #5:
1. add double patio door, deleted the sliding glass door.
2. add white vanity's in both the master and secondary bathrooms, took out the standard oak cabinets
3. upgraded the kitchen faucet

We received the signed copy back from Ryan today!


There are several other upgrades that I wish I had such as hardwood in my kitchen and morning room, granite counter tops everywhere lol, crown molding and tray ceilings, better carpet, and still on the fence about the walkout basement and kicten backsplash! lol...Those are the items that I wish I could add, but know that would really take us over our budget! I am very happy and blessed to be getting such a wonderful new home that I hope to fill with many happy moments! We meet with our PM on Monday for pre-construction and I am excited!

I will post again after the meeting! Until then, happy building!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one having panic attacks around here about the decisions. :) I barely remember what the options we selected looked like (I really should have taken pictures!) but I am convinced nothing will match and they will all look awful. Those other options you mentioned will all be easy enough to add down the road if you still really want them in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have put in about a dozen change orders already! Finally after yesterdays, I told myself NO MORE or else this house will never be built! LOL We went through our checklist and figured anything structual at all that we may want to add/change we need to do it now. After that I probably added way too many options than my wallet will like, but you only build your dream house once, right?! :)

    Luckly flooring is easy to change out (we upgraded our tile and carpet just 1 level only because we are lazy and probably wont do it after) and granite has come WAY down in price now. Plus if you wait on those things, there is a much bigger selection after market. I wanted to do after market granite but my husband said no...if I want it get it now because we probably wont do it later (again...lazy) lol I saw alot of other species of granite I like better but I am happy with want I picked.

    The crown moulding is another thing that is better after market because you can pick different designs. I LOVE crown moulding! Its quite tricky to install though so unless you have done it before I suggest hiring someone who has done it before. Its very precise with measuring and filing and cutting. My sister did hers and it took her and her BF forever to do...but it looks great.

    Good luck hun! I LOVE the double door option instead of the sliders...good call! I wish I had that option for ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too , am still having panic attacks over the decisions I made (and changed 7 times) soooooo afraid my hardwoods aren't going to match my cabinets! Now after reading yours I wish I had changed my bathroom cabinets! Sometimes I HATE this blog....because it makes me second and third guess all my choices, especially because I already can't stick to a decision! Ughhhh ! So glad you got to get away! How nice :) I miss my doggie every time I leave! Glad you had a good time ....bet you still were thinking about the house! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mee too! Change after change after change.... Have you thought about adding a few more of the things you want and then see where it prices you..you may be surprised.

    This is our first new house...in both our other homes, it was always, " we are gonna do this later" and guess what NEVER DID!

    We can't have it all but we sure do try! lol! Our Rep gave us the formula for every 1000 is $6 per month.

    Your home is going to be lovely!!!! It can't help but be- it's such a beautiful floor plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its good to make a change before your construction meeting once the meeting happens it is definitely too late to be changing anything else.

    I do like the patio doors I would have wanted it but for the life of me my hubby really liked the sliding door. Don't ask me why I figured that is something he can have lol. I do want hardwood floors and mot likely will put it in after a year of living in the house. First I want new furniture in every room of the house haha.

    You are going to have a big gorgeous house once everything is all done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs*

    My hubby and put the granite in now too. There was NO way we'd do it later, and have my kitchen out of commission with workers tearing it apart for a few days. lol But the aftermarket granite does offer a lot more options. =) Doing your own back splash will be cheaper too.

    Crown molding isn't that bad to put up. My husband's done it twice. The angle of the corner cuts is the trickiest part. The 2nd time around he got decorative corner pieces so he didn't have to cut the molding. He just primed, painted, put it all up and then covered the nail holes. =)

    Floors aren't too bad to replace either. Again, more choices afterwards

    I wanted the double door. But that was something we knew we'd upgrade later. Not that big a deal to us. Congrats on getting it! I'm jealous! You better post a pic for us all to drool over! lol

    I can't wait to see your pics! It sounds like you made some wonderful choices! I think we all get nervous and wonder if we made all the right choices. But it sounds like your home is going to be beautiful!! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys I feel a lot better knowing im not the only crazy one going through the option sheets a zillion times! I have a spreadsheet with every option I have chosen, with the color and all so that when we meet there aren't many hicups! Because, boy I don't remember what half of the stuff is I chose! lol

    @ Noob, I hope I we are able to add what we didn't get sooner than later! I do not want to wait 10 years for granite! lol I agree with that crown molding! I really think that adds to the house though, i wish I could sneak that in during the pre-construction meeting! lol

    @La, girrrrrrrl I have added about $30,000 in upgrades that we originally didn't intend on getting right now! lol, I have maxed out my $6's lo,l but I am happy I did it! *smiling*

    @Noey, I really hope we can get the granite later though! I know that and the hard wood will make the set the kitchen off! Everything else we may be able to manage! Hubby says he is going to do the crown molding, but we shall see, I think we may really need to hire someone! lol

    Thanks again ladies! I knew it wasn't just me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know where you are coming from. We selected a ton of options when we wrote up the original order. I have lost track of how many pages of changes we have made since...our very first one was 6 or 7 pages along. We have already had our pre-construction meeting and made another change following the meeting, have 2 other change requests in our sales reps hands and have 2 more items that we will be changing this weekend...Everytime I think we are done we think of something else, but it is our dream house and we want to make it just right.

    @Chelly...I too have a spreadsheet with every single option and color too...I have our Guardian selections on a tab, Flooring on another, electrical on another, Standard and custom option on the main page, and a page I used during our pre-construction meeting that listed everything again by room...it wasn't as easy to follow along that way since the Ryan punchlist isn't orgainized that way, but we did catch a couple of items that were wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ BD yeah, I thought Ryan would have theirs organized like that as well but it wasn't! So I was trying to check everything off. You're speradsheets are much more detailed! I should have done mine on separate sheets.

    I would like to change a few more things, but our sales rep was gave me the "are you crazy" look so I don't know lol...I think I should have added windows in the dining room and the faucet needs to be upgraded one more level or just changed to standard! I'm scared! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is your house and it is your money...change it till you get it right...we are breaking ground next week and will be making more changes this weekend.

    ReplyDelete