Design Inspirations

Thursday, June 23, 2011

I am convinced I am crazy!

Lol, I am at it again! I have been having anxiety about the options that I did not select but really wanted!

I should have added crown molding and chair railing (Thanks Lala Lady lol)
Backsplash (Can't Remember the two I saw on here, but it was beautiful, i think lala lady and some one in NY)
Hardwood Flooring in Kitchen & morning room
Upgraded padding in basement, dining, and living rooms...

I then reaccessed what would be the easiest to do later and what would not make me just get upset if I didn't have it once we closed and I started paying the good ole MORTGAGE. lo,l I chose the Hardwood and padding as the necessities and decided that the molding and back-splash could be DIY or less expensive additions that wouldn't bother me as much...and when I pay my mortgage I would be happy because I have the home of my dreams!

So today I put my crazy into action! I have called my CTI rep to make changes and was partially sucessful! I was able to add the upgraded carpet padding to the areas where I did not add them.

So on to my hardwoods. I got the runaround. :( My sales Rep told me to contact CTI and CTI told me to contact my sales Rep. So I emailed my sales rep and my CTI rep said she would follow up with her as well.  I really hope they can change it, because we broke ground on June 13th so I am not sure if they will change anything else once you break ground. Is that true? I know supplies have been ordered so I don't know.

The hubby and I were talking and I need to do a few expensive things in the next year or so and I realized I might just have this vinyl floor for quite awhile. I can deal with the standard carpet, but looking at that vinyl for several years may be too much. lol...I plan to get a new car in January for my birthday because my old car is looking like it might be on its last year or two and I would like to get pregnant as soon as we move into the house. This would be our first child and I know that child care alone is expensive. Also, by spring I would like to have my crown molding, deck and fence up and not to mention we need to furnish this huge house.

SO now you can see why I just want to get this out of the way! E-family keep your fingers crossed for me. Hopefully I can calm down and be conifdent that the house will look nice and what I did not add, I didn't add, because I know I will love my house regardless. My new obsession is looking at these backsplashes!!! Where were these posts 2 months ago! lol They look awesome! I am so jealous. I am going to see if I can talk to the PM and get that added somehow.

We go to visit the house tomorrow, so hopefully I can post the pics by Sunday! Goodnight and happy blogging!

11 comments:

  1. Breathe honey! We all have panic attacks about upgrades we should have gotten, but like you mentioned some will be less expensive as a Diy later. We also didn't get hardwood because hubby will do it cheaper later. It also allows us to pick a better wood for less money than what Ryan is charging. I thought I would hate the vinyl but it actually turned out really nice. To answer your question, you may be able to change but it might be at a cost to you.

    As far as backslash, go to home depot and take the class to do it your self thats what I'm doing. I picked out mine on Wed and want to have it done before my housewarming in 2 weeks. Lets see if that happens lol.

    I would worry to much about what you didn't get especially since you want to have a baby. Congrats by the way! But honey let me tell you kids are expensive! My son is 12 and he wears a size 12 men shoe and a mens 32 waist. They don't get any cheaper just more expensive...lol. Before you do any upgrades just make sure your factoring in childcare, it can cost you almost a thousand a month alone. Not to mention everything baby will need. My advice is to get everything you want as long as it won't affect the baby budget. Because a baby is way more exciting than even a brand new house...well at least to me lol. You'll forget all about the vinyl after the baby. You' ll be so busy looking at your baby and nothing else will matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Minaq! You are absolutely right! I know Vinyl is a lot easier to keep clean too...so its not all that bad...

    You are right about the hkid thing too! I am so excited to be starting! As soon as we get those keys its time to start working on family GROWTH! lol, yes I probably will not even care what the floors look like when I have my parayerfully healthy bundle of Joy!

    I really appreciate those words Minaq because I want to be able to afford day care and all of the other expenses of a baby. We have been living the good life and now its time to live the good life without all of those extra amenities, because I want to give them to my baby. :)

    I can't wait to see how your backsplash comes out! I am excited for you! I might just have to sign up for that class too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Minaq...if they can't change to hardwood now, don't stress. I think the vinyl selections they have are really nice, so I am sure whatever you selected is going to look fabulous. Hardwood is not very difficult to install...I installed hardwood in my entire first floor of my current house, on my own without the help of my husband, so I am sure he can do a fabulous job! The chair rail seems like another easy DIY project. And the standard carpet I would definitely keep..if you're planning on kids soon...just think of all of the spills, crayon marks, etc. that could appear...replace it after they are out of the messy stage. :)

    I don't recall exactly whose blogs wrote about the backsplashes..but I know that one of them got it from Home Depot as a DIY project...I remember this because I checked out the material (it was gold tones, and metal looking) the last time I was in Home Depot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My frien, my Frien...please don't stress. I agree with Minaq and Becky! You know how creative you are and those installations you can DIY. Take that class! I know I will once I finally get to that stage.

    Also...I started blogging on my process of renting and building our townhome...follow me frien! I'm talking to myself over here! hahha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Becky you are right! Thats why I love my e-neighbors. I really wished we all lived in the same neighborhood!

    You all are right! Especially since I am coming from my teeny 1300 sq ft town home with no upgrades! lol, well we have hardwood in the kitchen and living room but other than that. Not one luxury item! lol...

    Hi frien!!!! I am so happy you have joined us!!!! Please follow her guys she is thinking about buying a ryan townhome! :) Makes sure you let them know that we reffered you we may be able to get $1000 each for the referral! :)

    I am on my way to follow you now!

    as Noey would say (((((Hugs)))) thanks again guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW I am calm again and not crazy! The crazy has passed and if I have Viynl floors I will love them! Me, my husband, my dog and my baby to be! The best part is I know they are easier tyo clean as well! Okay I'm done venting thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chelly...I didn't think we would like our vinyl and carpet(I REALLY wanted hard woods) but it actually looks pretty good. I agree with the other ladies, once you move in and start your family, you will be so happy and comfortable and you will forget about the hardwoods (although I do bug my husband about that backsplash now and again haha).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chelly ~ I have the hardwoods and while I love them, I might say I am glad I didn't have them when my kid's were small! I worry about them getting beat up. Of course, I have dropped things in the kitchen and put a few knicks in them myself!! I do love the look though. GS

    ReplyDelete
  9. As others have said before me...breathe girl breathe...you can do just about anything in the future except change the structure of your home...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Megan! I'm happy to see your still around and loving your home :) I think yiur right though because I know once I get preggers, its going to be all about the baby! lol@ that backsplash! It makes the kitchen look really different doesnt it!? lol

    I'm gonna find Minaq and take the class lol

    @Anonymous, thanks and you are right! When we first moved in my curre3nt house, when I had my housewarming I had no clue about hardwood maintenance and care and all of my fabulous friends came over in pumps and I have a gazilllllion little dents on my floor! We had just bought the floors is what made it so bad, by the time I realized what was going on it was too late our little 10x 13 kitchen/dining room had been demolished and thats the story of my holes! lol...but your right, I can only imagine what kids can do to the floors!

    @ BD whooooooo saaaaaah! I'm breathig agian thanks!Your absolutely right! By the way they are building an Avalon in our community and it is humongous! They have the solarium and morning room add on's I believe. Next time I'm there I will take a pic for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Chelly...that would be awesome to see some Avalon pics. We found another one in our development the other day. It's amazing how different the same house can look depending on if there is siding, brick, or stone on the front.

    ReplyDelete