Design Inspirations

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pre Constrution Meeting & Pics

Okay, so right at about 3:00pm, we had severe thunderstorms and our walk though was supposed to be held at 4:00pm. I had become a little frantic because I thought we would have to cancel our meeting or even worse would not make it, due to all of the flooding in the streets!

As we arrived at our appointment, we saw the PM starting to pull away from our house but he turned back around when he saw us pulling up. Hello dude, it’s a thunderstorm and we called you and he called us back at work. Apparently he was in a rush because he had to take his wife to a doctor’s appointment. I know we were about 20 minutes late, but because of all the flooding we are lucky we even made it at all. I guess this will make up for him being 20 minutes late to our pre-construction meeting in clear weather lol. So then he was trying to rush us through the process, but we made it clear that we were going to take our time. J We are the clients. A family member was supposed to go to the walk through today with us who is very familiar with the building process, but was not able to make it. L

So we address every concern we had and we left at about 5:15, so it took about 45 minutes. We did find one problem. One of the windows had an issue with the wood not being thick enough to make sure that once the drywall hung up and needed to be padded so we would not have any cosmetics issues. Hopefully everything else is okay.


orange piping I believe is the sprinkler system, may be just water

Fire place

They forgot our blower, but PM said it will be installed.

Guardian surround sound will be placed in those red squares.

Guardian ceiling surround sound drops

swtich box for guardian alarm

side view no brick

finished brick, the rain finally stopped!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Chelly,

    Sorry to hear about the bad news I hope they can get you what you want. Did you get the gourmet kitchen? I thought the glass front cabinets came with it? We were told we would have them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be upset too. We were told we'd have light over the end of our island, and we don't. I think Ryan's Reps need to be 100% sure before they open their mouth's with an answer.

    I hope Ryan makes this right for you! If Rep and PM said you were getting them, you should get them...free of cost!

    Sorry. I'm upset for you. Let us know what develops! I know no matter what though, your kitchen will be beautiful!

    Glad everything else went well! Pictures look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Carlito, no, we didnt get the gourmet kitchen, just the gourmet island. I guess if you do not get the gourmet kitchen it doesnt come with it, which makes sense, but he told me during our preconstruction meeting that it came with it. I guess because he saw it on the Island, he was just said yes to the entire question. SMH!

    @Noey, the question is, how much are they going to charge to change the doors to glass? I agree with you Ryan's Reps need to listen a little better and wait to make sure that they are 100% sure that things are or aren't what they can or cannot provide.

    The PM, says he doesnt think he said that, because he has a system that he goes through with his clients, but I think he skipped it because when we arrived, i had a list of about 5 concerns and he asked me what was on my list and addressed those items (including my cabinets that were on the list) at the beginning which may have threw him off. I think I even blogged about my glass cabinet doors...hmmm...let me check on it! lol...
    Yes, I am slowly but surely getting over it. Hopefully our Rep will get back with us by the weekend with the results. She kept suggesting I go to home depot and price those and do it myself, but ummm lady, we already have a ton of projects to complete, this is not another I will be adding becuase my PM made a mistake.

    Thanks Noey for all the support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember your previous blog about the glass cabinets and in there I ask if you meant gourmet island or gourmet kitchen...you responded gourmet island. I don't know for sure about the Courtland and what all may be offered as upgrades AND there are various size upgrade islands available and I think they may all be called gourmet islands, but not all "gourmet" islands are the same size and configuration...the Courtland and the Avalon I think are the same...regular cabinets on one side with the glass front cabinets on the other side. The Avalon has an upgrade called a "Professional Kitchen" and with that we will have glass cabinets beside the vent hood above the stove. In looking at the Courland model home it appears as if you should have glass cabinets above your microwave.

    For everyone else: When you are asking questions about sizes and configurations of items...especially cabinets and vanities, don't take your sales rep or PMs answer off the top of their head...make them show you on the blueprints...they all have them available and that is the best way to get the correct answer...the blue prints are the bible for building your house...we have had ours out so many times I am beginning to have page numbers memorized(and there are way over 100 pages). Go to your model home, ask to see the blueprints, and go thru each and every page...you will be surprised the amount of good information you take away from there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ BD, I knew I had mentioned that because I was really looking forward to having them. I thought they were really nice! I always wanted to have glass cabinets (although, I will have to clean them often).

    Yes, we upgraded from the regular island to the gourmet island. The standard island leaves room for a table. Yes, what I have noticed is that the Courtland and Avalon have the same island. I asked the PM that, because I have not seen those glass cabinets on anyone else's on the blogs island, it is the same island, just has glass cabinets on the side facing the entry door to the house. I knew that the model and my friend that lives in the neighborhood had glass doors.

    You are right BD, the Courtland has glass cabinets above the microwave. I think that your advice is really good, because yesterday when he looked at the blue prints, that is when he saw that the glass cabinets were only on the island. I think that looks weird and is partly what made the kitchen look a little more elegant. I probably would have just gotten the gourmet kitchen, I was really on the fence about the adding the double oven, but was trying to stay in our budget and had been on the fence about getting that and if I knew the glass cabinets weren't apart of it, I would have gotten the gourmet kitchen as an upgrade. ;/ Oh well, I guess you live and learn. I will be happy when our sales rep gets back too us.

    ReplyDelete