Its finally time!
Earthquake & hurricane damage: Our carpet got soaked in an area of our current home in the basement during the hurricane, because apparently during the earthquake we got two foundation cracks. SMH...we have lived there 4 years without ever getting water damage in the basement. With boxes and crap all around we had to pull up the carpet and have someone come out so that we could get new carpet installed for our renter by next week. All I was thinking is that it could have been worse and I am happy it happened, before the renter moved in.
The new house had no visible damage from the earthquake or hurricane other than the yard sunk in in some areas and Ryan plans to fix it this week.
Also I have been meaning to post but things have been so hectic I cannot even begin to explain, we have had to do soooooo many things that I feel like my brain is spinning. I can barely keep up with the emails and the to do list is never ending! Like Ravenna Rant & HW both said, the inbox is cluttered, house is in shambles (but packed), and as soon as I scratch and item off my list, two more pop up. lol...I feel like a nut and not to mention I packed our iron so this week I have been semi wrinkled at work lol and smh!
Here are a few things we have purchased:
LG steam washer & dryer
Samsung 59 inch slim 3D smart plasma TV
King Sleigh bed from Haverty's
Sealy king size plush pillow top mattress (not shown)
Curtain Rods (not shown)
Make sure you have the stores to price match because we saved a ton of money doing that for our electronics! I have a loooong laundry list of things I still need to purchase, but I am going to take it one day at a time and just get the essentials. I am a nut so you will have pictures with in the next few days because I cannot rest until my house is in order! lol...It will be old things in the new place, but I will show you what we have....anywho happy building and WE ARE GOING TO GET OUR KEYS TODAY!!!!! Yaaaaay! lol




Go Chelly!!! I love the stuff you bought. I have been debating on buying a new washer/dryer set or moving our front loaders with us and just buying the basic ones for the renter. The ones I want cost 2k so I thought I would penny pinch and not buy them. Love the bed ofcourse because I have one similar but the TV you will have to let me know about because I just read up on it last night after seeing on in an HHGreg sales paper. Wonder how that would be being able to connect to the internet through an app on my TV...That is some Jetson type stuff. Anyway hope closing goes quickly so you can get those keys and go in and make a carpet angel on your new floors, LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteWahooooo....Congrats Chelly....we are soooo excited for you and know how you, HW, and Ranter are feeling and we still have 22 days left. I knew you guys would beat us to the finish line, but we have soooo much stuff still to do to get ready to move that the 22 days doesn't seem long enough. Can't wait to see pictures of your new HOME. Good Luck with closing...I can see the big smile on your face from here :)
ReplyDelete*throws confetti*
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS HONEY!!!! I'm so very happy for you! GL with the move! Can't wait to see the pictures!
OH, and I LOVE your bed!!!!
Congrats on closing! Sorry about the hurricane and earthquake. (This is Megan)
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! It was long (because they had us waiting forever) but it was worth it! After work today, I will finally offically be in MY house! I am super stoked! I will make sure to keep yall updated on our progress! Thanks again for everyone's kind words! I'm still grining! :)
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm late to the party, but want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! EVERYTHING looks beautiful and I can imagine how excited you guys must be!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you had to deal with water at your current home, but glad it is taken care of.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new bedroom furniture!! Of course the appliances aren't bad either!! ;)
Have fun moving!
GS
CONGRATS!!!! When you get a moment, fill us in on the details. We have been thinking about you guys.
ReplyDeleteWe are moving today!!! So far so good, except 1 of the men from the moving company is MIA. It has me a little nervous because my keys (car, house, etc) are missing as well. Hmmmm...who knows they may be in a box somewhere.
Keep in touch!!!
Hi Chelly, My husband and I are building a Courtland as well. We were supposed to break ground this week but couldn't because of this crazy rain! I look forward to seeing your after move in post.
ReplyDeleteThanks GS!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks HW!!! U hope the move goes well and of course I will be posting as the journey continues. It's just sooo much to do! lol, can you say "overwhelmed" !!!
@ Anonymous, Congrats I must say we have a beautiful home!!! It almost seems like too much for just me, my hubby and pup! I wouldn't trade it in though! You are going to love your HOME once its completed. GL to you and your hubby, if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I hope the rain stops soon too, it's killing my rental propertyu though! :(