Design Inspirations

Friday, September 30, 2011

Hey guys, I know it's been a minute since I posted. We had our 30 day on Monday and everything was fixed. We had all types of contractors at the house.
We only had minor issues a few paint issues, cabinet shelf bending, small issue with laminate floor, small leak in basement unfinished area, and that's about it.

Here are a few pics of our family room, I'm no where done decorating but here is our start...I already have a painter. Just need to pick out paint.
















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

15 comments:

  1. Wow Chelly everything looks so nice, Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new home, everything looks so beautiful. I am a new blogger and have enjoyed reading through your entire journey. Can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love how you've decorated! Where did you fond the wall sconces you have in the MR? I've been searching for something similar for ours atfer I saw them in a model. Like Rosita, I'm new to the E-Family and enjoyed watching the progress of your new home. Thank you for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very, nice! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelly are you going to put up curtains in the morning room? I'm debating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelly...it all looks fantastic...congrats on your 30 day...our 30 day walkthru is this week and our list is definitely not as short as yours...enjoy your new home...update when you find time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Carlito I am's not sure yet...smh I wanted curtains at first but now I am thinking retractable shades and a short valance at the top to add some style and height and to also cover the shades so u can't see them at all... I still am undecided though how about you? I don't want to loose any light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey BD, it's good hearing from you! I know understand why folks disappear after closing. Wow I hope things aren't to bad at the new place , that sucks. However when the come on the 30 day they are prepared to put in work! I'll post before the end of the month hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Chelly,

    I don't know since I am not in there yet but the line of trees behind my house is pretty thick so I have played with the idea of not having anything up but ever since that DC sniper I am not to keen on being visable in a room in my house at night so it's between faux wood blinds with a valance or a naked window with curtains to pull closed at night. At least for the back main level of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and Chelly please let me know how you first round of utility bills go if you dont mind. I have only ever seen 2 people post about them and one persons was super low and the other persons was bananas! So I just don't know what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Carlito, Sorry Im late but the Utilities were pretty good. I havent recieved a water bill yet, but im sure its going to be high. Charles County sends out Water bills every 3 months.

    Our gas bill was low, I believe it was less than $50 including the activation fee.

    Our electric was about $190, then $150. We moved in during summer and had the air running. Our utilities have been very reasonable, especially due to the size of the home. Out old home was 1300 sq ft and our utilities seem to be about the same. Well, we shall see what the gas is once this month is over, since I have been running the heat and fire place. The water bill will likely be high because we watered the grass often in gthe begining.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your house is beautiful! My husband and I just signed the papers to buy a Courtland in NJ so I'm happy I found this. I am so jealous of your brick front and hardwood floors! (we can't afford either :(). I saw you didn't get the upgraded oak stairs... are you glad you made that decision or do you wish you had them? I am debating adding that upgrade. Do you have any other advice on things you didn't get that you wish you had or things you did get that you wish you hadn't? Thanks and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Colette....I will throw my two cents in if you want...I am sure Chelly won't mind. Initially we thought the price for the stairs was rather expensive, but our sales rep, said..."Repeat after me...We want the stairs option"...probably the only option that he pushed. He said that with everything else we were doing with the house we would be very sorry we hadn't done the stairs. Feel free to look at our blog http://ryanhomesavalon.blogspot.com/ as we have many pictures of the stairs. Besides the stairs being oak the other biggest difference is the ballisters are inset right into the stairs which gives the stairs a more open look(my opinion). The Courtland and Avalon have very similar stairs(Avalon has back staircase too) so you should be able to get a good idea of what the differences are like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey BD! Long time! I hope all is well. We are going to be installing a patio soon along with some other changes so I'll be posting in a few weeks lol....

    Hi Colette congrats!!! Your going to love it. I really wanted the upgraded stairs, I didn't realize that was an upgrade until they installed them in the home. I agree with BD they make them more grand, the molding is lovely and it opens it up more. The floors you can always upgrade, however it will be much harder to change the stairs.

    I wish we had added a few more items like crown molding, double oven, the stairs and granite counter tops and paid the extra $50-$100 more each month. We have had so many projects in the home, mostly decorating and furniture and blinds and curtains.

    Regardless your going to live your home so do not worry yourself over what you do not choose just make sure you invest in the things that you will continue to think about.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete