Design Inspirations

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finally, my very own Ryan Blog :)

Hello Everyone, I know most of you do not know me, but I have been snooping on your Ryan blogs for about 3-4 weeks now!(Sorry) Every since my husband and I decided to build with Ryan, I have been searching for more info about the whole building process. Then I hit gold and found your blogs! :) They have been so helpful, so finally have decided to share our journey. I should have been started but better now than never! Well here it goes...


We have decided to build the Courtland Model.

The Upgrades we have added thus far are:

  • Morning room (no brainer for us)
  • 4 inch bump out FR
  • Gourmet island
  • Upgraded master w/ sitting room
  • Finished rec room
  • Hardwood in foyer & power rm
  • Extra windows in morning and family rms
  • Brick front
  • Cabinets andover maple spice (included offer/kinda)
  • 2 ceiling fan roughs
  • Recessed lights in the kitchen
  • Tile in master bathroom
  • Microwave over range (feel this should be standard)
Here is a Pic of the Model

This is our Lot :)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! We loved the Courtland, other than the fact that it was too tight upstairs. We ended up picking our first choice(the Naples) because of the space upstiars(it has a loft) We have a friend that lives in Brentwood in a Zachary, nice neighborhood, but they werent building our Naples!!! We are over there often, our friend has a bunch of Motorcycles(us too) so we ride alot & usually meet up with him there! I learned how to ride my Motorcycle where they are building your house lol, it was just empty road with no houses!! We look forward to watching your Journey & seeing the finished product!! Good Luck & Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! Thats cool about the biking!That's a perfect area to practice, because it's very flat. The lots over there were discounted because they had old power lines behind it, so we were even more enticed to get our Courtland. I didn't even think that was a big deal, once the houses are built you will not really even see the lines. We went past last week and they had almost two houses built. I also saw one of my soon to be new neighbors peeking in their house. I was thinking in a few months thats going to be me snooping! :) We are in Piney Grove quite a bit because we have been working with Pat. We liked that neighborhood, but they didnt have the Courtland and we wanted a large Master BR. It's a little closer to shopping and a two lane road, but Brentwood is nice too. Anywho, thanks again and I can't wait to see whats next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been following several blogs about Ryan homes and im looking forward to see how your process turns out. I'm sure your going to be happy, after all, your getting a new home with exactly what you want, as opposed to buying an existing home. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chelly...welcome to our growing Ryan Homes blogging community. We are fast approaching 50 blogs. My wife and I looked at the Courtland, but decided on the Avalon instead. Really wish I could find another Avalon blog, but we found out that another Avalon has been sold in our development and will probably break ground before us so we will get a sneak peak.

    Again, welcome and I can't wait to see your progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks BD for the warm welcome! I'm so happy to be apart of this growing community! Yeah, I wish there was another Courtland blog too, but hey you never know, soon enough, one just might pop up! That's great that another Avalon is being built near you. I'm sure seeing the real deal being built close to you will help a lot! Thanks again! They are finishing up a Courtland on our street in our community! I wish we lived closer, because I would stop past more often to check on things, we currently live in Virginia, so its an hour and 15 minute drive for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome!!! We found your blog on another bloggers site. We are very new bloggers as well. We are building a Waverly north of the Pittsburgh, PA area. We are so glad that we found fellow bloggers; it has made the experience so much more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I just found you :) I'm glad you've joined the family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you meant 4 ft bump out and not 4 inches :).

    ReplyDelete