Design Inspirations

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Plastic Fence & Outline!!!

Finally, we made it back to Waldorf, MD this weekend to visit our lot and boy oh boy what did we find? We had a porter potty on our lot, an outline, a plastic fence :), and all of the lots that sold near the time we purchased were fenced off and some had lumber and foundation so they are about to get busy on in the next few weeks on our street! Also happy to know that by the time we move in most of the houses on our street will be completed with the exception of maybe a few. :)

We also found out who got the lot we originally wanted! It was the largest lot, a corner lot and it was at the end of a street! We saw then parked in front of the house, and guess what they did? They built the smallest house they build in our development on the lot, a belford. It's a beautiful home, but we really had our eye on that lot. :( We were really limited in our lot selection because there were not may lots that would fit the width of our house. But that's okay, I think we still made a good choice! At least now, we have the woods behind us, I think I rather be in a smaller lot, but with trees and privacy. :)

Soooo finally here are some new pics. They have also finished building our neighbors house, who has a house on another corner lot, who has the same style and elevation we chose! Their house turned out beautiful! I am glad we have a totally different color scheme which will make us unique since we went with light grayish brick and black shutters and door and they cant fit but maybe one more Courtland on our street. I like a neighborhood with a mix of different houses and color scheme.:)

the potty...hmm should i feel some kind of way, that thy chose to put this on our lot??? lol j/k



 the tree's finally grew some in the back

Our driveway! :)

This is our street from our lot to the end. Where the trees are is the end. This is the final part of the neighborhood they are building. I can't wait to jog and walk the dog!

Our lot from the very back of our yard to the street.

this orange outline is where our morning room will sit, I believe???


Stakes and in the Back they fenced in the SWM area. They are going to paint it and put a graveled path behind the houses.

Another view of our lot all staked out! :) My plastic fence is beautiful! I mean our plastic fence is beautiful! Ha Ha Ha!

The finished version of our house and elevation. Isn't she a beauty? Hmm I should have saw if the doors were locked and tried to take a peak...Is that against the law since they do not live in the home yet?? Maybe not, I don't want to start off on the wrong foot with our neighbors already. :)    

10 comments:

  1. Wow that house is a beauty! I am definitely loving the window above the door. Your lot looks nice and the area of the neighborhood looks very homey.

    They chose to put the port a potty on your lot because your lot was the best! Cannot wait to see more progress on your lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful lot you have! And the house is nice too! lol I think your color scheme on that house is going to be elegant!!

    LOL @ Stephanie about the potty comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your lot looks great. I know the feeling about not getting the lot you would have liked...however, things usually work out for a reason. We were really disappointed when we found out the lots that were left in the first development we were looking at could not fit the Avalon with a solarium. We were all set to select a lot and add a finished attic instead of the solarium when a new section in another development opened up that had lots that would fit the Avalon.

    Can I also say, we liked the Courtland layout a lot too, especially the living room and dining room back to back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! It is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!!! Thanks for making me feel special about my lot selection especially Stephanie! If you ever are in the neighborhood and need to use the restroom, pls feel free! he he he! :)

    Wow, BD I can't believe that you guys lucked out/were blessed with getting the perfect lot for you and yours! A whole new section opened! That was awesome and thanks, we liked the Avalon too, that's the biggest house they offer in our development, but decided that the Courtland would be a nice second home especially since we haven't even started growing our family yet! lol, with the exception of Ms. Chloe of course. :) I think we ended up with that lot, because it was the one we were supposed to have and now I am happy that's the one we have! I think now, I would much rather have privacy and shade over quantity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been struggling over my lot selection too, with the lot I wanted taken and let go and taken and let go like three times since we started. Now, we decided we don't even want that one anymore! your lot looks great - and it doesn't really matter in the end; i think we will all make our lots distinctly ours somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it back & saw some progress!! & no, it isnt against the law, but it IS annoying when youe house is finished & people are walking through it!! Our house is done & our Sales Rep(wont say a name LOL, since she is yours TOO) continues to walk people through there "because we have every upgrade" and she wants to show people what they "can" get! It's MY house, I dont want everyone in the neighborhood knowing 1. what I spent & 2. what my house looks like. It's not fair that she is showing my potential neighbors MY house, instead of me. LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Heather, Yeah, I couldnt imagine having my neighbors know allllll of my business and what is in my house. ;/ My supervisor said her house was one of the last house built on her street when she bought a new home and that her daughters friend said that everyone was taking tours of the homes smh... LOL at "you know who" showing everyone your home! She is probablly getting big sales because the Naples model is already nice, but your house has like everything you could dream of in it! She should share some of her commison with you guys! Ha ha! Well in only 5 days you will be able to permanetly refuse tours! ;) I know you and the hubby are sooo happy! By the next time we visit the area they proablly will have been moved in, because the house from the outside looks 100% completed. It looked like they were freshing up the grass with the sprinkler system though...

    @ Anonymous...I'm smh...and you are silly...my dear husband! At least say something or stop lurking....sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After you move in the house they may still ask you to allow them to bring people through you home...totally your call...but they pay you a nominal fee to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Chelly, Your house will be wonderful It will be up before you know it! I wanted to post on your blog to answer the question. Our sink is not upgraded, just the standard! I was worried about the depth after reading some blogs, but I'm happy with it!

    ReplyDelete