Design Inspirations

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Project Manager disapperaing act...

Thus far our Ryan journey has been GREAT! Our sales rep is great, our loan officer is great, and our pm seems great! Everything is on schedule, if not ahead. Today the hubby and I wanted to check on a few things that we changed recently (I got my Hardwood :) and padding upgrades) and we find out that he is on vacation until NEXT WEDNESDAY?

Hey, no FYI I'm going on leave or had an emergency. No, if you have any questions or concerns you can contact this person or N,o assurance that your house will be okay or follow up at all. He hasn't communicated with us once since we had the pre-construction meeting. They seem to be on schedule and doing a great job so far, but I'm just saying it would have been nice to speak with him or to have a chance to ask any questions we would have liked him to answer before he left, since it will be over a week until he returns.

I see that my e-neighbor's PM's seem to be contacting you all the time with updates, I'm just a little jealous that our PM has not been as responsive. I really do hope everything is okay nd he really is on vacay but a heads up just would have been nice. We did speak with the PM that is filling in and he assured us that everything is on schedule, that he received our last change order and that we should be all framed and under roof by Friday! SO I am still happy, just a little disappointed. I know I will be over it once I visit the lot on Friday. I can't wait to see and post pics!

Until then... happy building folks!

5 comments:

  1. Don't assume your PM will be contacting you every week. If you want that to happen I think you need to set that up with him. Even though he took a vacation and didn't tell you it still sounds like he has things covered and you are moving right along...besides, if you slip a little it will give us an opportunity to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bug my PM to death so I know I would trip a little if he rolled out with out a heads up. But he did make sure things didn't stop just because he was gone, so that a plus.

    I sometimes even greet my PM with my own morning or evening update asking how things are progressing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We asked our PM for a weekly update at our Pre-con meeting. He's been really great about it and he did make sure to tell us when he was going out of town and who to contact while he was gone.

    BD is right, just ask him for weekly updates. =) I understand your frustration too. The good news is, your house is still progressing and moving along nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I just realized I needed to set up the weekly reports or at least contact the guy! Lol, I guess reading blogs at 1am has caused me to mission valuable info! Lol! Okay I am going to be proactive and once he arrives I will grace him with my questions lol and to BD catch us if you can! Lol your only like 3 days behind but your house is gigantic so I'm thinking this might not work in your favor ;(

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't heard from our PM since the pre-construction, and based on all the blogs, I thought we were supposed to get weekly updates too! Guess it makes sense to make that arrangement, rather than being miffed that it didn't automatically happen! :)

    ReplyDelete