Design Inspirations

Saturday, July 30, 2011

More pics!! ...and issues..

We went to the house yesterday and it was looking great! I can't believe we are so close to closing! I was so giddy when I saw what I saw!

Guess what!!!??? I have crown molding on my cabinets! I think I did a happy dance. But then I paused and my mouth fell open when I didn't see my glass cabinets above my range... I'm sure it was a mistake that can be easily corrected...

I also had to email our PM about 6 issues...

1. A hole in the basement floor.
2. No glass cabinets above range
3. Where is the fire place blower.
4. Wrong type of tray ceiling we upgraded ours to include a more of a tray and lighting.
5. 3 piece rough in for basement bath looks out of place.
6. Shutter do not look black???? They might be dusty but they look dark grey or green...

Other than those items I am very excited about the house, it looks fantastic. I cannot wait until next weekend to see it all and to do my happy dance again. ;)




Trim added and wrong color shutters.












Close up of sinks they are soo big and beautiful ;)












My island and glass cabinets












My cabinets with trim and missing glass doors above my range...but they look good!












Fire place trim granite looking good... Maybe get this color granite eventually for countertops...???












Kitchen taken in family room













Study now has French doors!!! Yaaay
















Master bedroom with French doors with incorrect tray ceiling but it does look nice Even though its incorrect....















Columns in sitting area















The andover white vanity is sooo nice and large! I love it!













Secondary vanity with single bowl looks great too! It's shorter/lower than vanity in master











Foyer view with REAL banister. ;)

















My niche in upstairs hallway...I can't wait to put something nice in there on display ;)
















Basement











Until next time...happy building!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

10 comments:

  1. Good Catches! All that should be able to be fixed pretty easily I think. The shutters maybe be waiting to be painted. Worth asking about though!

    Let us know what happens. It does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we had our pre-constuction meeting our PM said that the shutters used to come in grey and then one of the last things they did was to paint them the color they were going to be. He said they were changing to come in the color that they were going to be, but he said he actually prefered to have to paint them right at the end because even if they come in the correct color he would most likely end up having to paint them anyway.

    What is the hole in your basement floor from?

    Is the electric in place for your tray ceiling to have lights? As far as I knew the tray ceiling looked the same with or without the lights.

    Do you know for sure the fireplace blower is not there? Typically it would be at the top behind the louvers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Noey and BD, the shutters probably will get painted, I thinknI was just nervous.

    Well at first we knew the blower was missing because it wasn't there. The PM said that was a easy fix, now we asked again because we were just worried because other options we changed at the pre construction meeting were missing.

    The tray ceiling looks totally different if you do not get the lights, the PM pointed this out during our pre con meeting that's actually why we upgraded...now that you mention it I didn't see any type of wiring there :(. If you look in Carlito model pics you'll notice that the tray is much more elaborate and actually has lights...


    The hole in the basement floor is pretty large I guess it's more of a huge gap, I'm not sure if they did that on purpose and plan to fill it or what. It is a mystery I will take a pic if it's still there next week.


    When my PM gets back to me hopefully on Monday, I'll update you guys...btw HW where have you and your big ole house been hiding? Updates pls... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you place is really coming along. Even though BD and we are coming on strong, you just don't want to give up the lead. We love you cabinets and hope they get the missing cabinet squared away. Glad to see that you have a handle on what you want and are not afraid to confront RH with any issues.

    Sorry for being MIA...we have been trying to keep up with everything going on, but I guess life just got a little overwhelming for awhile. Everything seems to be back in order, for now.

    By the way, we added a page to our blog called "Our Community". We didn't realize until a few days ago that the model in our community is a Courtland and the neighbor across the street from us is building a Courtland. They just broke ground and are still in the foundation stage. We will try to take some pics for ya, if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Back HW, I saw the link on your page, that was a nice add! The Courtland model in your neighbor hood is Elevation D, we really thought about getting that elevation, because I really wanted a gable above our garage, and since we got Elevation C and could not get a side garage, we could not get that extra gable...but I love it, thanks for posting those pics...that was awesome. Yes, when you are working with two houses and regular life things, not to mmention you have a child...things can become very overwhelming. I was actually slacking a lil too and BD was MIA for 2 or 3 days too (or it seemed like it) lol....

    Thanks and pics of the other Courtland once they get it up would be nice...thanks again...i'm sure Carlito would enjoy seeing them too, since it will be a while before he breaks ground...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also here are the updates from our PM, he always seems a little short to me but I don't know maybe its just me...I wish he would be a little more I dont know a little more informative....lol...maybe thats just not his personality. My sales Rep was so proactive I may be a little spoiled.

    Repsonse:

    The change order for the glass doors over the microwave was just processed by my office last week. I still have not received it, but I did hear it was going through, so I ordered the doors last Wednesday. They should come to me this week or next. Change order for the fireplace blower and tray lights processed slowly through my office and material for tray did not come out on my trim package. It should trim out for the lights at the end of the week. Blower will be put in when they do the start-up on the fireplace later this week. You do have a 3 piece rough in for the basement. The spacing looks right though I did not measure it. I will show it to you at our walk through. The holes in the basement floor have been patched. They were the holes where the steel support columns for the steel beams bear on bigger concrete under the basement slab. They always patch-in later in construction. They just needed to get done before carpet. They look good now. ~Project Manager

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's why I was asking you about the holes in the basement floor...we had the same thing, and remember we had the crooked posts...they had to break up the concrete around 3 of the poles to make room for them to get them square. They filled the holes this past week...BUT, they had to move our ejector pump which meant they had to break up the floor and remove it, break up the concrete where they were moving it too, and then backfill the original hole...now we have a hole that needs concrete and the concrete around the newly placed ejector pump needs to be patched up....our PM told us that the drain pipe for the basement toilet was not in the right spot(off by about 3 inches) and they would have to break up the concrete and move it...that one has me nervous cause if they don't get it right we could have problems with that toilet in the future...

    And you are so right...I too felt like I was missing in action...was trying to contain my frustration and the lack of progress and communication.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ BD, I was understand now. I am very unfamiliar with a lot of the construction jargon, so it takes me a little while to put things together. If you look in the last picture on my post that says basement, you will see a hole/very large space near the wall where there is not any cement. I hope that it looks good when we visit on Friday.

    I really hope that you do not have any issues with your plumbing in the basement because of all the changes in the cement. That is a very serious task.

    Yes, I hope these PM's get it together and try to communicate a little bit better. It would put me more at ease when I visit the home and see issues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hole kind of looks like the ones we had...is there a support pole on the other side of the wall...I am shocked that they waited till after drywall was up to fix the hole though...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure, I will have to look at our pre drywall pics, because with the drywall up, I cannot tell. That is the wall the stairs are attatched too, so the stairs are opposite of the wall with the hole.

    Yeah, I hope they did a good job. If they didn't put the carpet down yet I'm going to try to check it out. He said "it looks good now" but we shall see.

    ReplyDelete